As an Amazon Associate we earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Buy Now
Author: Scott, Eryn
FREE
Cozy Animal Mystery

To solve or not to solve?

When a visiting professor is found dead, English major Pepper Brooks is caught in the middle of the investigation. Literally. While the detectives focus on crime scene forensics, Pepper can’t ignore the Shakespearian clues left by the killer.

With the help of a handsome library clerk, a dog named Hamburger, and the words of The Bard himself, this unlikely sleuth might just close the book on this case.

Buy Now
Author: Collins, J. L.
FREE
Cozy Animal Mystery

After ditching her cheating fiancé, Indie Warren hits the road in her trusty old truck, refusing to settle for anyone or anywhere.

But all that changes after Indie gets stuck in the frozen ghost town of Charming Springs, North Carolina.

In the middle of July.

This secret magical town was struck by a curse that brought on eternal winter and cast a barrier around it with no way in or out.

And Indie knows this because the talking owl told her so, obviously.

Suddenly Indie’s thrown into a world of magic, mayhem, and murder. And when she stands accused of the deadly deed, she’ll have to use her wits to prove her innocence… if she can keep her newfound magical powers under control!

Buy Now
Author: Hemmings, John
FREE
Private Investigator Mysteries
A DEVOTED HUSBAND has planted a carpet of forget-me-nots in memory of his wife who has recently died from complications following the rapid progression of Alzheimer’s disease. Or has she?
Greg Philips’ wife, Gloria, has recently died after suffering from chronic dementia, leaving Susan, her long-lost illegitimate daughter, a large slice of her estate. But is Susan who she claims to be? And was Gloria mentally competent when she made her will or was she manipulated in some way? Boston Investigator Mark Kane is hired to discover the truth, but as the investigation proceeds he soon finds himself embroiled in a murder mystery, and as the suspects mount up he needs all his wits about him to find out the truth, and prevent Greg’s adult sons from financial ruin or worse.
Buy Now
Author: Wilkins, Rosemarie
FREE
Canning & Preserving
Canning and preserving food is a common chore shared among family members during pre-industrial era in the 1800s. However, the availability of commercially canned foods and the busy lifestyles of people made them abandon home canning. However, home canning is now becoming a movement recently as more and more people began to adapt sustainable and frugal living. Many people today realize that home canning and preserving provide a lot of benefits. Thus, if you want to start canning your own food, then this book is for you.
Buy Now
Author: Mirry, Allyssa
FREE
Cozy Mystery
When someone goes off the deep end…
Sometimes what appears to be an accident, could be murder.
Event planner, Penelope Wilks stays busy with parties, even throughout the Jersey shore’s often blustery winter. Her business, Parties on the Pier, manages to thrive, with holiday celebrations and other occasions keeping her on her toes.
A tragic accident occurs during the peak of the holiday party season, and Penelope just can’t shake the idea the something feels ‘off’ about the whole set of circumstances. Her inquisitive nature takes over, and she digs deeper, finding an astonishing maze of intrigue and sabotage.
Buy Now
Author: King, Sara
FREE
Space Fleet Science Fiction

Warning: This book contains butt-kicking, space pirates, laser pistols, faster-than-light travel, more butt-kicking, shapeshifting aliens, a Grade-A bitch, an awesome space battle, additional butt-kicking, an amicable tapeworm, a compulsive smartass, a kick-butt ship, and explosions. Lots of explosions. If you’re looking for a fun romp through space, this is it!

Join Dallas York, Athenais Owlbourne, Stuart, and the crew of the Beetle in a heart-pounding adventure through government blockades, crooked politicians, mythical aliens, and immortal psychopaths. When a long-extinct alien is discovered to be hiding on the Beetle, its captain and crew are forced to launch a rescue mission, the likes of which the Utopia has never seen…

Buy Now
Author: Ramadan, Al, Peterson, Dave, Lochhead, Christopher, Maney, Kevin
Regularly $3.99, Today $1.99
Business Systems & Planning

Winning today isn’t about beating the competition at the old game. It’s about inventing a whole new game—defining a new market category, developing it, and dominating it over time. You can’t build a legendary company without building a legendary category. If you think that having the best product is all it takes to win, you’re going to lose.

In this farsighted, pioneering guide, the founders of Silicon Valley advisory firm Play Bigger rely on data analysis and interviews to understand the inner workings of “category kings”— companies such as Amazon, Salesforce, Uber, and IKEA—that give us new ways of living, thinking or doing business, often solving problems we didn’t know we had.

Buy Now
Author: Woods, Cate
Regularly $3.99, Today $1.99
Literary Fiction

Dearest Nell, if you’re reading this letter, I’m already gone…

You’re my best friend in the world, and as my last request I’m asking you to lay me to rest hundreds of miles away, in my crazy gorgeous, totally one-of-a-kind hometown of Tansy Falls. I know you’re a born-and-bred city girl, but hear me out. After first losing Adrian, and then me… I know your heart is hurting, Nell. I think you’ll find that you need Tansy Falls as much as I do.

So, I’ve got it all planned out. For two weeks, you’ll be staying at the sweet, local inn and every day you’ll be trying something new. And if you follow my instructions to the letter, you may discover there’s more to my story than you think. A surprise something… or someone at the end of it? Only you can find out!

Enemy Women: A Novel (affiliate link)

Buy Now
Author: Jiles, Paulette
Regularly $3.99, Today $1.99
Historical Romance

For the Colleys of southeastern Missouri, the War between the States is a plague that threatens devastation, despite the family’s avowed neutrality. For eighteen-year-old Adair Colley, it is a nightmare that tears apart her family and forces her and her sisters to flee. The treachery of a fellow traveler, however, brings about her arrest, and she is caged with the criminal and deranged in a filthy women’s prison.

But young Adair finds that love can live even in a place of horror and despair. Her interrogator, a Union major, falls in love with her and vows to return for her when the fighting is over. Before he leaves for battle, he bestows upon her a precious gift: freedom.

The North Face of the Heart (affiliate link)

Buy Now
Author: Redondo, Dolores
Regularly $4.99, Today $1.99
Noir Crime

A female detective follows a psychopathic killer into the eye of a storm.

Amaia Salazar, a young detective from the north of Spain, has joined a group of trainees at the FBI Academy in Virginia. Haunted by her past and having already tracked down a predator on her own, Amaia is no typical rookie. And this is no ordinary student lecture at Quantico. FBI agent Aloisius Dupree is already well acquainted with Amaia’s skills, her intuition, and her ability to understand evil. He now needs her help in hunting an elusive serial killer dubbed “the Composer,” and in solving another case that’s been following him his whole life.

Buy Now
Author: Storey, Stephanie
Regularly $5.99, Today $2.99
Biographies of Artists, Architects & Photographers
Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel ceiling is one of the most iconic masterpieces of the Renaissance. Here, in Raphael, Painter in Rome, Storey tells of its creation as never before: through the eyes of Michelangelo’s fiercest rival—the young, beautiful, brilliant painter of perfection, Raphael. Orphaned at age eleven, Raphael is determined to keep the deathbed promise he made to his father: become the greatest artist in history. But to be the best, he must beat the best, the legendary sculptor of the David, Michelangelo Buonarroti. When Pope Julius II calls both artists down to Rome, they are pitted against each other: Michelangelo painting the Sistine Ceiling, while Raphael decorates the pope’s private apartments.
Buy Now
Author: Rose, Willow
Regularly $3.99, Today $1.99
Action & Adventure Literary Fiction

Emma Frost inherits a house on Fanoe Island when her grandmother dies.

She decides to move there with her family, much to her teenage daughter’s regret.

One morning a wealthy older woman living in her street is found murdered and soon Emma finds herself wrapped in a mystery uncovering the island’s dark secrets reaching into her own family.

… See the rest of today ‘s Book Picks here on page 2Page 2