As an Amazon Associate we earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Buy Now
Author: Cranston, Kathy
FREE
Cozy Culinary Mystery

Springdale is the same quaint little town Jessie Henderson remembers from her childhood… until somebody winds up dead.

It was supposed to be a fresh start after losing her job and getting divorced, but the day after Jessie Henderson moves to Springdale, the whole town is thrown into chaos by the news that somebody has been murdered.

Worse still, one of the last places the victim was seen was in Jessie’s aunt’s coffee shop.

Jessie doesn’t know the first thing about police investigations, but she can’t help but get involved when she discovers that one of her childhood friends is the prime suspect and nobody believes that she’s been set up.

Buy Now
Author: Leo, Cassia
FREE
Romance Anthologies

The day I meet Chris is like any other day. I’ve been kicked out of yet another foster home. The moment I see the piercing in his lip and the tattoos on his smooth skin, I know I won’t last long here.

I’ve never been so happy to be so wrong.

With a patience I’ve never known in my short, tumultuous life, Chris and his mother show me it’s possible to trust again. And when no one’s looking, Chris shows me it’s possible to feel loved.

Unfortunately, he’s my foster brother. I can be kicked out of the only home I’ve ever known if anyone finds out about us.

Appalachian Tales (paid link)

Buy Now
Author: Edens, Deanna
FREE
Biographies & Memoirs

Orphaned as a teen, Nadia grows up in the small town of Benwood, West Virginia. Struggling to make a life for herself and her younger brother she is determined to forge her own way. When a mining disaster tragically strikes her hometown, her life, and heart, is changed forever.

Appalachian Tales is a charming and engaging tale, filled with amusing yarns about marriage, illustrations of courage and an unsolved mystery. It’s the story of two women who meet in 1982, elderly Nadia telling her stories to Dee, a young college student living in Charleston, West Virginia.

The tales she tells encompasses tragic events, such as the Benwood Mine Disaster, bigotry, and the disappearance of the Sodder children.

Buy Now
Author: Van Zy, DK Miezan
FREE
Pets & Animal Care

Are you a feline fanatic? Could you tell the difference between a Housecat and an Ojos Azules? Do you want to know how to keep your kitty happy and healthy?

The Cat Encyclopedia is a comprehensive cat compendium that has all the facts about cats and kittens. It’s packed with beautifully photographed profiles of different breeds from the Maine Coon to the Khao Manee and includes information on caring for your own cat.

This book also offers information on the science and history of house cats. Find out how cats were domesticated and developed into separate breeds, and see their prominence in art, literature, and superstition. A chapter on feline biology focuses on the anatomy of cats – including the nervous system, digestion, and muscles – and also features details on cat senses and coat patterns.

Buy Now
Author: Sedgwick, Jamie
FREE
Fairy Tale Fantasy

Elven gangsters, streetwalking nymphs and pixie dust dealers. This ain’t no fairy-tale.

San Francisco’s magical undercity is populated by every fantastical creature imaginable: dwarves, elves, centaurs, and thousands of fairies make it their home -but this is not your typical fairy-tale. If you think humans invented organized crime, wait until you meet the goblins.

It’s Hank Mossberg’s job to keep them all in line. All he has to do is recruit a bitter old wizard to help solve a murder, break up a pixie dust ring, and keep his dwarf deputy from getting them all killed in the process. No problem. Unfortunately, the fae have cops of their own, and they think Hank is the killer.

Buy Now
Author: Perry, Jo
FREE
Noir Crime

Charles Stone has just woken up dead. Well he’s pretty sure he’s dead, what with the bullet holes in his chest and all. He also appears to be totally alone in the after-life except for the ghostly dog who seems to be his new companion.

Unable to interact with the world of the living other than watching and listening, he and the dead dog (whom he names Rose) have nothing to do and all the time in the world to do it.

When Charles and Rose try to unravel the circumstances of Charles’s death, they uncover a criminal who is raking in millions of dollars by cruelly exploiting, and sometimes killing, his victims.

Buy Now
Author: Watson, Sue
Regularly $2.99, Today $0.99
Holiday Romance 

For Tamsin Angel, Christmas is always the biggest and best… chic parties and a little showbiz sparkle are a must. This year though, things aren’t going quite as planned…

With bailiffs suddenly at the door and her husband nowhere to be found, it looks like Christmas just got downsized. Moving into her sister’s flat, she wonders whether things will ever be the same again.

After losing her husband on Christmas Eve, Sam Angel has rebuilt her life around her son Jacob and her new business – The White Angel Bakery. She’s also found herself a very handsome, loving boyfriend, but is struggling to let go of the past.

Thrown together with a sprinkle of Christmas magic, Sam and Tamsin might just learn a little more about each other – and themselves. But when disaster strikes at the bakery, will they be able to save the day in time for Christmas?

Buy Now
Author: Summerscale, Kate
Regularly $12.99, Today $1.99
Biographies of Murder & Mayhem
In the summer of 1895, Robert Coombes (age 13) and his brother Nattie (age 12) were seen spending lavishly around the docklands of East London — for ten days in July, they ate out at coffee houses and took trips to the seaside and the theater. The boys told neighbors they had been left home alone while their mother visited family in Liverpool, but their aunt was suspicious. When she eventually forced the brothers to open the house to her, she found the badly decomposed body of their mother in a bedroom upstairs. Robert and Nattie were arrested for matricide and sent for trial at the Old Bailey.
Buy Now
Author: Chevalier, Tracy
Regularly $3.99, Today $1.99
Historical British Fiction
1932. After the Great War took both her beloved brother and her fiancé, Violet Speedwell has become a “surplus woman,” one of a generation doomed to a life of spinsterhood after the war killed so many young men. Yet Violet cannot reconcile herself to a life spent caring for her grieving, embittered mother. After countless meals of boiled eggs and dry toast, she saves enough to move out of her mother’s place and into the town of Winchester, home to one of England’s grandest cathedrals. There, Violet is drawn into a society of broderers–women who embroider kneelers for the Cathedral, carrying on a centuries-long tradition of bringing comfort to worshippers.
Buy Now
Author: Grey, Andrew
Regularly $6.99, Today $1.99
Romantic Erotica

Geoff is in the city, living the gay life to the hilt, when his father’s death convinces him to return to the family farm. Discovering a young Amish man asleep in his barn, Geoff learns that Eli is spending a year away from the community before accepting baptism into the church. Despite their mutual attraction, Geoff is determined not to become involved with him, but Eli has discovered that Geoff shares his feelings and begins to court him, neatly capturing first Geoff’s attention and then his heart.

Their budding relationship is threatened by closed-minded, gossipy relatives and the society at large, a whole new world to Eli, and he must decide whether to return to the community, his family, and the world and future he knows or to stay with Geoff and have faith in the power of love.

Buy Now
Author: Davis, Stephen
Regularly $14.99, Today $1.99
History of the U.S. Confederacy

Poised on the edge of Georgia for the first time in the war, Maj. Gen. William T. Sherman, newly elevated to command the Union’s western armies, eyed Atlanta covetously—the South’s last great untouched prize. “Get into the interior of the enemy’s country as far as you can, inflicting all the damage you can against their War resources,” his superior, Lt. Gen. Ulysses S. Grant, ordered.

But blocking the way was the Confederate Army of Tennessee, commanded by one of the Confederacy’s most defensive-minded generals, Joseph E. Johnston. All Johnston had to do, as Sherman moved through hostile territory, was slow the Federal advance long enough to find the perfect opportunity to strike.

Buy Now
Author: Holland, Cecelia
Regularly $2.99, Today $1.99
Historical Fiction

Cecelia Holland’s historical fiction is well known for its immersion in exotic cultures, and Until the Sun Falls, one of her most successful books, takes the reader into the heart of the Mongol horde during the conquest of Russia and eastern Europe in the thirteenth century.

Genghis Khan had told his people they were destined to rule the world, and by his death they had made an impressive start. His four sons followed him to the leadership of the enormous new empire and continued the expansion. His eldest son, Batu, launched the conquest of the West—Russia and Europe. In a few years of devastating warfare, the Mongols reached as far as Vienna, mowing down every army that dared face them, like an irresistible force of nature.

Buy Now
Author: Rimmer, Christine
Regularly $3.99, Today $1.99
Western Romance

People say that the odds of finding your perfect partner are rather like the odds of hitting the lottery: slim to none. It’s hard to believe, faithful readers, but Nate Crawford may just have accomplished both. We have the scoop on Rust Creek Falls’ best-kept secret: our former mayoral candidate is now a very wealthy man! Yet he is going out of his way to make sure no one finds out. The question is, why?

Insiders whisper that Nate is also keeping another secret from his new girlfriend, nurse Callie Kennedy—a big one—and it could be a game changer. Place your bets, dear readers! What will she do when she learns her “regular guy” boyfriend is really a maverick millionaire?

Buy Now
Author: Wojnarowicz, David
Regularly $17.99, Today $1.99
Biographies of Artists, Architects & Photographers
For most of his life, David Wojnarowicz considered himself the ultimate outsider and a true invisible man. “I’m a blank spot in a hectic civilization,” he writes in this fierce and unforgettable collection of four blistering autobiographical pieces, illustrated with his own arresting ink drawings. Wojnarowicz, who died of AIDS in New York City at the age of thirty-seven, left behind a body of work that was staggering in its variety and originality. Painter, writer, photographer, performance artist, and filmmaker, he made an indelible mark on virtually every stage of the national arts scene. Yet nowhere does his anger, love, or compassion show itself as strongly as in his writing, which earned a Lambda Literary Award and prompted critics to call him the Jack Kerouac of his generation.
Buy Now
Author: Gehring, Abigail
Regularly $3.99, Today $1.99
Organic Gardening & Horticulture
This compact guide provides advice, tips, and step-by-step instructions for hundreds of projects, offering the entire family the tools they need to make the shift toward self-sufficient living. Readers will learn to dip candles, bake bread, make maple syrup, start a vineyard, and much more. With special features for young homesteaders, this is an essential family guide to self-sufficient living.

… See the rest of today ‘s Book Picks here on page 2Page 2