Amethyst (Chase Family Series Book 1)

Historical Romance
Author: Lauren Royal

FREE
Amethyst (Chase Family Series Book 1)

London, 1666: Amethyst Goldsmith makes dazzling jewelry, but her future isn’t nearly as bright as the pieces she creates. Though custom dictates she wed her father’s apprentice, her heart rebels against the match. In mere days Amy will be condemned to a stifling, loveless marriage, and she sees no way out—until the devastating fire of 1666 sweeps through London, and tragedy lands her in the arms of a dashing nobleman who knows a diamond in the rough when he sees it…

Colin Chase, the Earl of Greystone, has his future all figured out. He’s restoring his crumbling castle and estate to its former glory, and the key to its completion is his rich bride-to-be. But the Great Fire lays waste to his plans, saddling him with trouble—in the form of a lowly shopkeeper’s daughter with whom he’s most inconveniently falling in love…

His Wicked Games (The Cunningham Family, Book 1)

Romantic Comedy
Author: Ember Casey

FREE

This wicked billionaire will do anything to get what he wants… and he’s not afraid to play dirty.

Lily Frazer would do anything to save the Frazer Center for the Arts–even take on the infamous billionaire Calder Cunningham. When Lily breaks onto the Cunningham estate, she only wants to find and reason with Calder. (All right, all right, she wants to punch him in the face, too, but that’s Plan B.) As it turns out, the arrogant billionaire is willing to give her the money he promised, but there’s a catch: she must win it from him.

And the games he has in mind aren’t exactly… innocent.

Lily isn’t about to give up the money without a fight (or let some haughty bastard seduce her), but she quickly discovers that there might be more to the brooding Calder than she initially perceived. As their games of cat and mouse become increasingly intense, she suddenly finds herself confused by her own emotions. Can she deny her attraction long enough to win the money she needs?

Data Analytics: What Every Business Must Know About Big Data And Data Science

Marketing & Sales > Consumer Behavior
Author: James Smith, Data Analytics

FREE
Data Analytics: What Every Business Must Know About Big Data And Data Science (Data Analytics for Business, Predictive Analysis, Big Data)

You may be the owner of a business, or someone who actively participates in the day to day operations of a business. We will go ahead and assume that your business is operating at a profit and you are happy with the direction it is going. As someone in this situation you might ask yourself, “Why do I need Data Analysis anyways?” I’ll tell you why, one simple reason. You are leaving money on the table. Let’s put it this way.. you are doing good, but wouldn’t you rather be doing great? Wouldn’t you rather have the ability to predict how the consumers in your target market are going to be behaving a year from now? Five years from now? This is where Data Analysis comes in.

Many people realize the need to pay attention to data in their business, but have no clue where to start. With the help of this book you will be better able to understand the importance of the data surrounding your business and exactly what to do with it.

The Housekeeper: Love, Death, and Prizefighting

Sports > Biographies
Author: Josh Samman

FREE

UFC fighter and journalist, Josh Samman, chronicles his struggles with addiction, career-threatening injuries, and the death of his lover in this gripping memoir.

In and out of institutions for the greater part of his youth; Josh, a wild teenager, falls into a rollercoaster romance with Isabel, a Southern jewel, who drives him to search for purpose in professional Mixed Martial Arts.

As Isabel marches towards personal battles of her own, Josh fights his way from local MMA circuits to front and center of FOX’s The Ultimate Fighter TV show. After losing the most important bout of Josh’s career, the pair rekindle their love, and seek to find strength in each other.

With a penchant for raw and heartfelt honesty, Samman chronicles a gut-wrenching story of love, loss, and what it means to conquer life’s greatest tragedies. The Housekeeper is an intimate look into the world of a man fighting for redemption.

Raining Men and Corpses: A Chinese Cozy Mystery (A Raina Sun Mystery Book 1)

Mystery > Cozy
Author: Anne R. Tan

FREE

Graduate student Raina Sun is on a quest to collect an outstanding loan from her college advisor. When she stumbles on his dead body, she becomes the prime suspect. And the only man she ever loved reappears as the lead detective and wants to reignite their passion (or at least he’s sending out smoke signals). She must summon her sleuthing skills to find this cunning killer before she becomes the next victim. There’s no place for an amateur when it comes to murder…

Cliff Diver (Detective Emilia Cruz Book 1)

International Mystery & Crime
Author: Carmen Amato

FREE

The detective squadroom reeks of machismo. The lieutenant is a dirty cop who has trapped you into silence.

That’s the situation for Detective Emilia Cruz in CLIFF DIVER, the first book in the sensational police procedural series taking the mystery scene by storm. Unexpectedly put in charge of the investigation when her lieutenant is found dead, Emilia uncovers the lieutenant’s sordid sexual past as well as his involvement in a kidnapping and counterfeit money scheme.

Reputations are threatened by her discoveries and truth is for sale. Emilia becomes a pawn in an ugly game of checkmate and corruption played by Acapulco’s ambitious mayor and the powerful police union.

Rival police detectives take aim at Emilia’s investigation. Their ringleader is a prime suspect. Hotel manager, Kurt Rucker has some helpful advice for Emilia but the heat between them is too hot to handle.

[wp_ad_camp_1]

SLOW COOKER COOKBOOK: Savory Breakfast, Soup, Stew, Chili, Dessert, Freezer Meals and 8 Hour Plus Recipes

Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Slow Cookers
Author: Charity Wilson

FREE
SLOW COOKER COOKBOOK: Savory Breakfast, Soup, Stew, Chili, Dessert, Freezer Meals and 8 Hour Plus Recipes (Slow Cooker Recipes,Paleo Slow Cooker) (Slow Cooker Freezer Meals)

I fell in love with my slow cooker eons ago. It has made living a healthy lifestyle quick and easy for our busy family. Here are just some of the benefits to mastering the art of slow cooking:

Inside “Slow Cooker Cookbook Vol. 1: Breakfast Recipes” you will discover great recipes like:

Mediterranean Kale Frittata
Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
Cinnamon Roll Casserole
Blueberry-Lemon Coffee Cake
Black Bread Rolls

Broccoli Bacon Cheddar Soup
Coconut Lentil Soup
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Green Chile Enchilada Soup
Crab and Corn Chowder

Peanut Butter Cup Pudding Cake
3-Ingredient Peach Cobbler
Autumn Spiced Poached Pears
Red Velvet Bread Pudding
S’more Fondue

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

Young Adult > Literature & Fiction
Author: Jennifer E. Smith

Regularly $8.99, Today $2.99

Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan’s life. Having missed her flight, she’s stuck at JFK airport and late to her father’s second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon-to-be stepmother Hadley’s never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport’s cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he’s British, and he’s sitting in her row.

A long night on the plane passes in the blink of an eye, and Hadley and Oliver lose track of each other in the airport chaos upon arrival. Can fate intervene to bring them together once more?

Aromatherapy for Sensual Living: Essential Oils for the Ecstatic Soul

Alternative Medicine > Aromatherapy
Author: Elana Millman

Regularly $24.99, Today $1.99

Aromatherapy has successfully infiltrated our world. The flowers are speaking and we are listening. Innocuously, most people have a bottle of lavender, peppermint, or even oregano tucked away in the back of the drawer or medicine cabinet for an emergency bout of insomnia or nausea or to conquer a cold or flu. We have been told that flowers heal and cure and we believe. Through positive experimentation, most people understand that essential oils can be used, not only for beauty or as perfume, but also for medicinal purposes.

With the trend toward more natural remedies, aromatherapy is quickly becoming a staple for those who want to empower their own health and healing and avoid costly doctor visits. People are waking up to the inherent powers of nature and doing so with brilliant results.

The Do Over

Romance > Contemporary
Author: A. L. Zaun

Regularly $2.99, Today $0.99
The Do Over

Life doesn’t look like it’s supposed to for Dani Ruiz, a hopeless romantic. After a painful and sudden break-up with Rick Marin, Dani hides away from reality, retreating to a world of fiction where she prefers book boyfriends over the hassles of a relationship.

Almost two years later, Dani’s friends are tired of watching her in a holding pattern, so they stage an intervention, forcing her back into the real world of dating.

Unexpectedly, Dani meets Liam Lucas, a down-to-earth firefighter. He might be the person to show her she’s still worth something. Dani’s hesitant to trust her heart with another man, but their instant and electric chemistry is something she can’t deny.

[wp_ad_camp_2]

A Bullet For Carlos (Blood Flows South Book 1)

Mystery > Hard-Boiled
Author: Giacomo Giammatteo

Regularly $4.99, Today $0.99
A Bullet For Carlos-A Connie Gianelli Mystery (Blood Flows South Book 1)

Detective Connie Giannelli’s life has been torn apart several times. First when her mother died and then years later when she found out her Uncle Dominic was in the mob. Her life is about to be shredded again, and this time it could destroy her.

Connie’s love of family and her badge are both threatened when an undercover drug bust leaves two cops dead and the drugs missing. Internal Affairs is looking for any excuse to take her badge, but she’s not worried about them finding the missing drugs—her secrets could prove to be far worse.

Now Connie’s racing against the clock to figure out who killed her partners and took the drugs—dirty cops or Uncle Dominic’s friends. And she has to do it before IA pins the whole damn thing on her.

Raw Food: A Complete Guide for Every Meal of the Day

Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Natural Foods
Author: Erica Palmcrantz Aziz, Irmela Lilja

Regularly $16.99, Today $1.99

Raw food is more than a diet. It’s a lifestyle and a movement. The stories of weight loss, increased energy, healthy-looking skin, and better digestion are seemingly endless. However, many people are turned off by the difficulty and unpleasantness of eating only (or even primarily) foods cooked below 104 degrees Fahrenheit. With dozens of recipes accompanied with beautiful, full-color photographs, Erica Palmcrantz and Irmela Lilja prove that eating raw foods can be simple, inexpensive, and delicious. No one should have to sacrifice time, money, or flavor to enjoy the astounding health advantages of going raw. Learn how to soak and sprout vegetables and nuts to increase the nutritional value, what types of kitchen tools are best for preparing raw food, and which foods to have on-hand for use in raw recipes. From creative salads to spicy burritos to chocolate mousse, every recipe will broaden your raw-food horizons.

Thirty Nights (American Beauty)

Romance > Contemporary
Author: Ani Keating

Regularly $6.50, Today $1.99
Thirty Nights (American Beauty)

After her parents’ tragic deaths, Elisa Snow wanted nothing more than to escape her past. Eighteen and alone, she fled her quaint English village and moved to the United States. A starving science student by day and an artist’s muse by night, Elisa has slowly built a new life. She never dreamed she would lose everything again.

She’s one week from graduation when her visa is unexpectedly denied. Given thirty days to leave the country, she must face the one thing she cannot survive again—saying goodbye and leaving her home. Yet within minutes of her world shattering, she meets a man with the power to piece it back together.

After finishing his tour of duty in Iraq, Aiden Hale traded battlefields for boardrooms, becoming one of the most successful venture capitalists in the nation. But all his wealth can’t buy him reprieve from the horrific memories of war. The only thing that gives him peace is a painting of Elisa.

The Audacity to be a Writer: 50 Inspiring Articles on Writing that Could Change Your Life

Writing, Editing & Publishing Guides
Author: Bryan Hutchinson, Multiple Contributors

Regularly $3.95, Today $0.99

All contributors: Bryan Hutchinson, Joe Bunting, C.S. Lakin, Ali Luke, Marcy McKay, Shanan Haislip, Andy Mort, Christine Frazier, Liwen Ho, Chelsea Nenno, Claire DeBoer, Kate I. Foley, Josh Irby, Stacy Claflin, Nicole Gulotta, Dana Sitar and Bryan Collins

Table of Contents:
Introduction: The Magnificent Art of Writing
The Audacity to be a Writer
The Most Important Step You Can Take (for Your Writing Career)
2 Insanely Simple Steps for Becoming A REAL Writer
A Crazy Myth Writers Need to Kill
Why You’re Not Finishing the Writing You Started
7 Distractions Stopping You from Writing (and How to Beat Them!)
How to Become a Better Writer
4 Pieces of Well-meaning Writing Advice to Beware of
What Michelangelo Taught Me about Writer’s Doubt
The Monster in Every Writer’s Head
How to Overcome Writer’s Doubt
3 Myths that Hold Your Best Writing Back

… See the rest of today’s Book Picks here on page 2Page 2

[wp_ad_camp_3]