New York Times bestselling author Tim Dorsey tops today’s Buffet with Tropical Warning, a collection of humor-filled short stories.

timTim’s writing style is frequently compared to Dave Barry and Carl Hiaasen (who both had cameo appearances in his first book, Florida Roadkill). Tim’s books are crime capers in the Florida style pioneered by John D. MacDonald. All of Tim’s novels feature Serge Storms as the primary character, who has several coexisting mental illnesses that render him obsessive, psychopathic, schizophrenic, and frequently homicidal.

Tim grew up in Riviera Beach, Florida, a small town just north of West Palm Beach. He attended Auburn University, where he became the editor of The Auburn Plainsman, the student newspaper. After graduation, he worked as a newspaper reporter until quitting in 1999 to write fiction full-time.

As usual, each book listed here has gone FREE within the past 24 hours (except for the “Bargains” at the bottom of this page). Warning: Kindle book promotions can end without notice, so before downloading click the link “See Kindle price at Amazon” to verify that the book is still free. (Prices and availability may differ outside USA.)

Tropical Warning: An Original Serge Storms Story and Other Debris

Humor & Satire > Short Stories
Author: Tim Dorsey

A quirky new collection by New York Times bestselling author Tim Dorsey. In the tradition of Pineapple Grenade and The Riptide Ultra-Glide, a peculiar new volume of odds and ends from the world of everyone’s favorite Florida psychopath—Serge Storms!

Among the flotsam and jetsam of Dorsey’s twisted universe:

A never-before-published Serge Storms short story that places the iconic antihero in one of Florida’s oldest (and most remote) little towns.

A classic travel feature in London’s The Guardian detailing how you can explore Florida’s most offbeat hidden corners like a true native. It seems Serge’s reputation has spread across the pond!

The Marriage List

Historical Romance > Regency
Author: Dorothy McFalls
The Marriage List: full-length sweet historical romance

Considered unmarriageable by many due to her questionable parentage, May has let her hopes for true love fade and devoted herself to a life caring for her ailing aunt. But when May is unable to pay rent on the humble cottage in which she and her aunt reside, she must plead her case to the imposing viscount willing to toss two helpless women in the gutter. A wounded hero of the Peninsula campaign,Viscount Radford Evers is known for his harsh bearing, stubborn pride, and skillful avoidance of wedding vows. But with his family pressuring him to marry and produce an heir, he has little choice but to begin the search for a bride. To this end, he creates a list detailing the perfect wife.

May meets none of the list’s criteria, so why does his heart beat madly at the sight of the elegantly shabby miss? He is sorely tempted to toss his list and all that’s right and proper into the fire to marry this most unsuitable lady….

My Way Home (St.Gabriel Series, Book 1)

Romance > Contemporary
Author: Cynthia Lee Cartier
My Way Home (St.Gabriel Series Book 1)

With its honest, journal-like style and vivid descriptions, My Way Home (the first book in the St. Gabriel series) has endeared and captivated readers, transporting them to a place with the feel of a time gone by.

For over twenty years, Cammy Coleman dreamt of visiting the beautiful island of St. Gabriel. Filled with history and tradition, it’s surrounded by the brilliant northern waters of Lake Brigade. Charming old buildings line its main street, and grand homes, cottages, gardens and woods complete the picture-perfect landscape. Life has never allowed Cammy to make the trip to St. Gabe, but she’s been content to be a homemaker, mother, and wife to her husband of twenty-five years, tucking away her dreams for someday.

But when the husband Cammy adores asks for a divorce, she’s devastated; the last thing she wants to do is leave the safety and solitude of her home. Her well-meaning friends, however, have something else in mind. Hoping to distract her from her grief, they convince Cammy to go with them on a week-long retreat to St. Gabriel. Cammy grudgingly agrees, but finds herself immediately drawn to the island and an abandoned lodge in a way that opens up the possibilities of a new life, new loves and finding her way home.

Bloody Point

Christian Fiction > Suspense
Author: Linda J. White
Bloody Point

Looking for some peace in her life, FBI Special Agent Cassidy McKenna leaves the Bureau, retreats to a sailboat on the Chesapeake Bay, and struggles with the recent death of her husband and her shaken faith in God. When her former partner, Jake, is assaulted and nearly killed and then her marina is torched, Cass knows she must find out why. She believes the crimes are connected and unofficially investigates, not knowing that she is both the hunter and the hunted. She must connect the evidence, help Jake deal with his brain injury, and find the perpetrator before she becomes the next victim.

YOU BRANDING: Reinventing Your Personal Identity as a Successful Brand

Business Life > Personal Success
Author: Mark Cijo, Mike Atack

Discover the Secrets of Personal Branding.

Hi, my name is Mark and I am going to reveal to you my proven, step-by-step method of Personal Branding. In this book, I am going to outline many of the methods and secrets that I’ve used to create a successful personal brand.

Here Is A Preview Of What You’ll Learn…

• Why Personal Branding is very important
  • How to improve your personal brand by observing corporate brands
  • Personal Branding success stories
  • Understanding your targets
  • How to become the master of your niche
  • Personal Branding Blueprint
  • How to define what makes your special
  • How to tell your story
  • How to avoid personal branding mistakes

Descent (A Hidden Wings Novella, Book 1.5)

Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
Author: Cameo Renae

This is the story of Samuel and Alaine. A whole exciting adventure happened before Hidden Wings. Descent will bring much more insight into the Hidden Wings world.

Take a journey back in time, to a place where Emma’s lineage begins, and where answers lie in unraveling secrets of the past. This is a story of forbidden love, an unbreakable bond, and the start of a dark, exciting adventure. Get ready for danger, mystery, and romance.

Silent Mercy

Mystery > Women Sleuths > Short Stories
Author: Lori Armstrong
Silent Mercy: An eShort Story

Recently returned from training at Quantico, FBI agent Mercy Gunderson stirs up trouble and uses her rarely seen feminine side to seduce her unsuspecting boyfriend, sexy-as-sin Sheriff Mason Dawson. When she revs up her Viper to get his attention while he’s on patrol, tempers and sparks fly—but their rendezvous is interrupted by a disturbing cry for help. The pair rush to the scene, where Mercy discovers that even though she can’t always save the day, she doesn’t have to be silent about it…

Burden of Sisyphus (Brink of Distinction)

Science Fiction > Adventure
Author: Jon Messenger

Between the alien Alliance and the Terran Empire, a neutral zone stretches between the galaxies, a demilitarized zone that was established 150 years previous, following the Great War. The peace accord granted a semblance of peace to the universe. The peace, however, is a facade, and it is the responsibility of Michael Vance and his covert operations team to maintain that illusion.

Recently, the Alliance lost contact with one of their outposts near the neutral zone. Surveillance scans show an abandoned city and no signs of life. The Alliance does what it always does: send in the best. But an unexpected betrayal leaves Vance and his team stranded. Worse, the city that was supposed to be dead is quite alive. And the monsters that now roam its streets are slaughtering his team, one at a time.

How To Make Homemade Bread

Baking > Bread
Author: Tawra Kellam, Jill Cooper
How To Make Homemade Bread

Do you love the smell and taste of homemade bread but find the thought of making homemade bread overwhelming?

In How to Make Homemade Bread you will find simple tried and true recipes and tips to help you get started making your own delicious homemade bread and homemade cinnamon rolls just like grandma made.

How to Make Homemade Bread includes all the tools and information you need to avoid disasters and make good bread right from the first loaf– and you don’t need specialty items like brick stones or special pans.

TODAY’S BARGAINS……………What’s this?

Saucer: The Conquest

Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
Author: Stephen Coonts

Regularly $9.99, Today $2.99
Saucer: The Conquest

Bestselling author Stephen Coonts took fans by surprise with the phenomenal and heart-pounding tale of Saucer. Now Rip Cantrell and Charley Pine are back for seconds with with Saucer: The Conquest.

Rip Cantrell is brought back to give the saucer one last flight. Charley Pine has started flying for a rich French tycoon, and there is believed to be another downed saucer somewhere in the area. Rip can’t quite get over the fact that Charley has dumped him. But when push comes to shove Rip and the United States Government are going to go head to head with this crazy Frenchman in trying to be the first to the saucer.

As Stephen Coonts proved in his last outing, there is a great deal of high-flying adventure to be found in the Saucer series. And this one not only promises all the excitement of the last one, but it delivers with much, much more.

Island Beneath the Sea: A Novel (P.S.)

Historical Fiction > Caribbean & Latin American
Author: Isabel Allende

Regularly $9.99, Today $1.99
Island Beneath the Sea: A Novel (P.S.)

“Allende is a master storyteller at the peak of her powers.”
— Los Angeles Times

From the sugar plantations of Saint-Domingue to the lavish parlors of New Orleans at the turn of the 19th century, the latest novel from New York Times bestselling author Isabel Allende (Inés of My Soul, The House of the Spirits, Portrait in Sepia) tells the story of a mulatta woman, a slave and concubine, determined to take control of her own destiny.

Skeleton Canyon (Joanna Brady Mysteries)

Mystery > Women Sleuths
Author: J. A. Jance

Regularly $9.99, Today $1.99

Top ten New York Times bestselling author J.A. Jance brings us another mesmerizing thriller featuring Arizona Sheriff Joanna Brady as she searches for the brutal killer of a young girl.

Brianna “Bree” O’Brien never returned from Skeleton Canyon. Someone brutally murdered the pretty, popular teenager who had stolen away under cover of darkness to rendezvous with her boyfriend. Perhaps youthful rage, jealousy and savage passion cost young Bree her life. Or maybe she stumbled onto something too dangerous to know. Sheriff Joanna Brady of Cochise County knows only too well the pain of losing a loved one to violence. But she is disturbed by the O’Brien’s insistence that Bree’s boyfriend is responsible for their daughter’s slaying. Joanna senses there are words not being spoken, and dark mysteries locked behind doors of the sprawling O’Brien family compound. But it is the strange disappearance of a good friend that is pulling Sheriff Brady ever closer to the lethal nest of lies, greed and secrets hiding in a desolate corner of the Arizona desert – where the next blood that feeds the parched, cracked earth could be her own.

Rick Steves’ Europe Through the Back Door 2014

Travel > Europe
Author: Rick Steves

Regularly $24.99, Today $1.99
Rick Steves' Europe Through the Back Door 2014

You can count on Rick Steves to tell you what you really need to know when traveling through Europe, including how to:

• Plan your itinerary and maximize your time
  • Pack light—and right
  • Find good-value hotels and restaurants
  • Travel smoothly by train, bus, car, and plane
  • Avoid crowds and tourist scams
  • Hurdle the language barrier
  • Understand cultural differences and connect with locals
  • Save money while enjoying the trip of a lifetime

Drama: An Actor’s Education

Biographies & Memoirs > Actors
Author: John Lithgow

Regularly $9.99, Today $2.99
Drama: An Actor's Education

“A memoir as finely crafted as one of Lithgow’s performances.”
—Steve Martin

Emmy Award-winner John Lithgow presents a charming, witty, and revealing memoir about his family, his work, and his life in Drama—an intimate story of insights and inspirational reflections from one of America’s most beloved actors. Lithgow pays tribute to his father, his greatest influence, and relives his collaborations with renowned performers and directors including Mike Nichols, Bob Fosse, Liv Ullmann, Meryl Streep, and Brian De Palma. A compelling reflection on the trials, triumphs, and changes across his long career, Lithgow’s Drama illuminates the inner life of a celebrated talent, and points the way forward for anyone aspiring to greatness in their own life.

… See the rest of today’s Editor’s Picks here on page 2

[maxbutton id=”87″]

space